Choosing The Best Copier In 2020 For Your Office
What to consider when buying a photocopier?
Below are five points to consider when putting together your checklist for buying an office copier. There is more to consider than just the office copier prices since cost of total ownership may tell a different story.
1. Can the photocopier your business is considering handle the capacity needed?
Photocopiers in the shape of multi-function printer come in all shapes and sizes. Many are aimed at the domestic market. Look closely at the stated capacity and match this to your business' workload.
2. How important is quality of scanning and printing?
Many of the latest photocopiers using advanced print technologies that were, up until a short time ago, only found in high-end printers. If possible, look at samples of print and scanned output before making your choice. Many vendors now offer the option of sending samples by post.
3. Is fax capability needed?
Fax is far from a dead communications medium, with many large businesses still needing it. Look at the fax capability of the MFP, which today is likely to use the cloud as well as direct dial to another fax machine.
4. Will your company need to manage sensitive information?
Access to the features of a photocopier should be controlled with PIN numbers or passwords. Also, ensure that the MFP only prints the required copies to ensure data security. And think about whether the USB port should be disabled to mitigate any risk.
5. Does your business require remote printing or managed print services?
With the rise of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), printing from mobile devices is fast and efficient. Look closely at the apps that will use the photocopier to ensure these connect securely. An MFP can be a cost-effective asset that a business can build its workflow around.
With digital copiers now coming with a number of configurations, it's critical to assess your business' needs and match them to the right one.
Top Office Copiers And best Reviewed Copy Machines for 2020
2. Kyocera ECOSYS M6526cidn
4. Kyocera TASKalfa 307ci
5. Canon Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw Multifunction Laser Printer
6. HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw
7. Brother DCP8155DN Monochrome Printer with Scanner and Copier
9. HP LaserJet 3055 All-in-One Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax
10. Canon imageCLASS D1320 Monochrome Laser Copier
Read more from our 2020 copier review and in depth comparisons of the 5 best office copiers.